Stick in the Wheel
In the year or so since we last saw them Stick In The Wheel have established themselves as on of the best new bands on the scene. And that makes us very happy indeed.
We always loved their honest, authentic even raw take on traditional songs and on their own material. Now expanded to a five piece, Stick In The Wheel’s militant approach lets the songs tell their own stories.
This is what folk music sounds like.
Tonights show replaces Tony Kendal's evening of Walthamstow and Essex songs, which will now be in March 2015.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.