Rattle on the Stovepipe
Now why haven't we had these guys before?
One of the best old-timey outfits in the country, Rattle On The Stovepipe feature Dave Arthur on guitar, 5-string banjo, melodeon, percussion and vocals, Dan Stewart on 5-string banjo, guitar, fiddle and harmony vocals and our mate Pete Cooper on fiddle and mandolin.
Together this trio of master musicians can take on anything from either side of the Atlantic!
"Whenever Rattle On The Stovepipe are booked to play at my local folk club I'm first in the queue to make sure I get my seat in the front row. This engaging trio inspires in me the same devotion that old Virginia musicians like Wade Ward and Uncle Charlie Higgins do. There is that same sweetness, ease, subtlety and good humour, every song and tune so well understood, so deftly played and so perfectly paced. They are all master musicians, but there is no sense of ego, no promotion of themselves as stars, although they certainly can dazzle. They are completely at home with the music they love, and can switch comfortably from American to English songs and tunes… Both Dave and Pete have that rare gift of drawing you into a song." - Shirley Collins
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!