Mary Humphreys and Anahata
Proper stalwarts of the folk scene Mary and Anahata play music from the English tradition the way it should be played.
Mary sings and plays English concertina and banjo, and Anahata plays melodeons, Anglo concertina and cello. They live in Cambridgeshire and much of their material is based on Mary's research into unpublished locally collected versions of traditional songs, presented in simple but well-crafted musical arrangements.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/383429
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.