Finishing off the year with a special evening showcasing two wonderful acts who you might not be very familiar with but who you may well be hearing a lot more from in the future. Elphin use Vocals, Recorders, Fiddles, Guitar, Celtic Harp and Double Bass to play arrangements of traditional folk music from the British Isles and original compositions. They bring a unique warmth and flair to the material which puts many more experienced artists to shame. http://www.myspace.com/elphinfolk HillBilly and the Bonfire are a local duo who always cause quite a stir when they bring their unique blend of bluesy stomp and original songwriting to the club. http://www.myspace.com/hillbillyandthebonfire
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.