It's great to have a visit from our old pal Hamish Currie.
Originally from the east coast of Scotland Hamish is great guitar player with a glorious range of self written and traditional material from both sides of the border. And some hot ukulele action too!
"...what a great performance he gave us, and such a variety of songs & influences... from Elvis Costello to trad ballads... on guitar, ukulele or solo unaccompanied... All quality material and all performed with deceptive ease and confidence..." - Newport Lyceum Folk Club
This concert replaces Sara Grey & Kieron Means who are unable to appear due to ill health.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.