Tom McConville, primarily known as The Newcastle Fiddle Player, is one of the leading fiddle players of our time.
A virtuoso musician and fantastic singer, his rich and warm voice makes his interpretation of traditional and contemporary songs greatly admired by singers throughout the world.
Renowned for his musical accompaniments, Tom has played on hundreds of albums. The list includes: Barbara Dickson, Richard Thompson, Allan Taylor and Lindisfarne. Whilst he has shared stages throughout the world with Stephan Grappelli, Sean McGuire, Mark O'Connor, Paul Brady and The Chieftains, Tom has never forgotten his roots and is as happy in the intimate atmosphere of a small folk club as he is at the largest festivals.
Tom McConville is a world class act!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/426436
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.