Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox
Tonight is the hundredth anniversary of the armistice that brought to an end the slaughter of the First World War.
To mark the occasion we present Bob Fox for an Evening with the Warhorse Songman.
Bob Fox is a celebrated, leading voice and musician in the UK folk scene and will be joining us after performing his celebrated role as the Songman in the the acclaimed play Warhorse at the The National Theatre.
These songs tell the experience of the trenches from the point of view of the ordinary men who served and died in them.
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018