The Frank Burkitt Band
Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.
Frank is a story teller, songwriter, singer and guitarist. In that order. He has been performing for the last 15 years throughout the UK, New Zealand and Australia and his entertaining, rambling anecdotes aim to give the audience more of a connection with his songs. A folk songwriter at his core, American roots music with hints of jazz, blues and swing very much shape his music. When he relocated to Wellington from Edinburgh with his partner and backing vocalist Kara Filbey, he formed an incredible string band, with blues and country mandolin player Cameron Burnell and jazz double bassist James Geluk.
The Frank Burkitt Band have made incredible progress in the last 4 years, releasing their debut album Fools & Kings in 2015 and becoming a festival favourite throughout New Zealand. They have embarked on extensive national tours of New Zealand and Australia and released their second album Raconteur in March 2018.
Not really known in the UK right now, they will be soon.
How about we let the band speak for themselves....
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.