Graham Larkbey & Dave Illingworth
Local legend Graham Larkbey should need no introduction to anyone in E17 as one of our most impressive and entertaining musicians and a staunch friend of the club.
Graham and Dave Illingworth go back a long way - 30 years in fact, when they first met up on the South London folk circuit. They subsequently joined forces in almost-semi-legendary folk/comedy combo Aunt Fortescue's Bluesrockers, whose pedigree included playing at Lea Bridge station on the day it closed in 1985.
This ultra rare duo gig sees them back together for an evening when anything could happen - Dave's roots are in country, folk, blues and jazz, while Graham might chuck in anything from his own songs to long-forgotten pop classics. Larkbey & Illingworth Reunited - expect the unexpected!
This show replaces Damien Barber & Mike Wilson who are unavailable.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.