Pete has been a professional musician since 1971, playing at festivals concerts, clubs, dances & schools throughout Britain, Europe, Asia, New Zealand & USA . During the ‘70s he toured and recorded with Chris Coe, was a member of the legendary New Victory Band & with Nic Jones, Tony Rose and again, Chris Coe, he was a member of Bandoggs. In the late ‘80s and early ‘90s he toured and recorded with Red Shift but since 1985 he’s mainly worked as a soloist & earned an enviable reputation.
His strong, distinctive voice is enhanced by his instrumental versatility, the ringing strings of his bouzouki, the sweet chords of his mountain dulcimer, the plaintive frailing banjo & the pulsing reeds of his melodeon. He’s also a country dance caller, creator & band musician. He sings, plays & step dances, sometimes all at once!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/415577
- January 7: Playing Rapunzel ~ Superb musicianship, soaring harmonies and great songs.
- January 14: Pete Morton ~ One of the most clever, sharp and witty singer songwriters around.
- January 21: Hannah Sanders and Ben Savage ~ A folk duo that look & sound classically timeless, yet feel refreshingly unique.
- January 28: Robb Johnson ~ One of the best songwriters working in this country today.
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves & Tyler Hughes ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- April 8: Andy Irvine ~ A legend of Irish folk music.
- April 15: Peter Struijk and Liz Mandeville ~ Red hot blues..!
- April 22: Greg Russell and Ciaran Algar ~ A guitar and fiddle duo for the twenty first century.
- April 29: Spring Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune a poem or even a story to share.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday