Celebrating the timeless melodic beauty of traditional Irish music and more, Artisan Row brings together four well-known figures from London's traditional Irish music scene.
First performing together in this combination at the 2012 Ennis Trad Festival, the quartet uses its rich textural palette to set the material in striking and ear-catching ways while always respecting the primacy of the melody.
Artisan Row are:
- Conor Doherty – guitars, vocals
- Elma McElligott – flute, whistle, backing vocals
- Pete Quinn – piano, keyboard, backing vocals
- Karen Ryan – banjo, mandola, fiddle, whistle
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.
- November 5: Bonfire Night Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune, a poem or a story to share.
- November 12: Jody Kruskal ~ One of the best anglo-concertina players on the planet
- November 19: Artisan Row ~ Celebrating the timeless melodic beauty of traditional Irish music and more.
- November 26: Hadrian's Union ~ Eclectic folk rock.
- December 2017