Brian Peters is one of the English folk scene’s great all-rounders: a compelling singer, a top squeezebox player and a skilled guitarist. Brian is one of the country’s best anglo-concertina players and is just as good on melodeon, while he’s also internationally-known as a singer of traditional ballads.
He delivers a repertoire of startling variety, so alongside those classic songs from the tradition, and lively English dance tunes, you can expect to hear newer songs, his own instrumental compositions, and wild squeezebox excursions into ragtime or blues. His stage act bristles with energy and wit.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.