Rob Murch and Michelle Holding
Rob Murch is a leading figure in the playing of English fingerstyle banjo, a style once popular at the turn of the 20th century and now rarely seen. He met Michelle Holding at a banjo workshop that he was leading and Michelle began learning classic fingerstyle banjo under Rob's guidance.
Unfortunately the distance between their houses is too far to pop in for a brew, so they started meeting at festivals and events whenever possible, to share a mixture of fingerstyle banjo duets, songs they like, and arrangements of American tunes.
Rob and Michelle are taking tunes old and new, breathing fresh life into them and would love to share them with you
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444291
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018