Rob Murch and Michelle Holding
Rob Murch is a leading figure in the playing of English fingerstyle banjo, a style once popular at the turn of the 20th century and now rarely seen. He met Michelle Holding at a banjo workshop that he was leading and Michelle began learning classic fingerstyle banjo under Rob's guidance.
Unfortunately the distance between their houses is too far to pop in for a brew, so they started meeting at festivals and events whenever possible, to share a mixture of fingerstyle banjo duets, songs they like, and arrangements of American tunes.
Rob and Michelle are taking tunes old and new, breathing fresh life into them and would love to share them with you
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444291
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.