Rob Murch and Michelle Holding
Rob Murch is a leading figure in the playing of English fingerstyle banjo, a style once popular at the turn of the 20th century and now rarely seen. He met Michelle Holding at a banjo workshop that he was leading and Michelle began learning classic fingerstyle banjo under Rob's guidance.
Unfortunately the distance between their houses is too far to pop in for a brew, so they started meeting at festivals and events whenever possible, to share a mixture of fingerstyle banjo duets, songs they like, and arrangements of American tunes.
Rob and Michelle are taking tunes old and new, breathing fresh life into them and would love to share them with you
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444291
- September 8: Tom Lewis ~ Less like a concert and more like a rowdy party with lots of singing.
- September 15: Alison Sleator ~ An outstanding contemporary and folk singer.
- September 22: Little Toby Walker ~ A roots music fingerstyle guitar virtuoso.
- September 29: Nancy Kerr & James Fagan ~ Two of the biggest names in Folk.
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.