Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers!
Ward, Hartwin, and Koen have known each other for a very long time! The three brothers have been playing together for more than 20 years. Formerly in the forest and in the attic, today on stage. Little has changed in the concept; playfully create their own imaginary world in which no rules apply and it is blissful.
Through the years the brothers managed to create their own sound with their innovative instrumental folk; a musical identity that is hard to link with traditional music from any region, but which still feels familiar to many. The many foreign concerts all over Europe and Canada do not lie. But Trio Dhoore’s music is also appreciated in Flanders. The song “Endless Dancing” from their latest album ‘Momentum’ can be heard regularly on the Flemish National radio.
In 2017 the brothers performed MainStage during Dranouter Festival, one of Flanders most important festivals and they made their entrance in the Flemish art centers. Diatonic accordion, hurdy-gurdy, guitar and electronic effects complement each other seamlessly in a musical adventure where you sit on the edge of your chair.
"One of the folk scenes most unassumingly euphoric acoustic sounds" - Steve Hunt, fRoots
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018