The E17 Folk Street Party
We're going to try an experiment to round off our season this year - a street party right outside our home at Ye Olde Rose & Crown.
It promises to be a really brilliant day! There will be real ale from the pub, food from the fantastic Giggly Pig, stalls and of course lots of great music!
The event runs from 1pm to 6pm.
Our featured guests are:
Singer, songwriter and flautist Elie Raw brings edgy, emotive songs with an acoustic punk-pop vibe. We've really enjoyed her visits to the club this year and are looking forward to giving her a change to stretch out.
Joe is the leader of the wonderful band Sergeant Buzfuz. A superb songwriter with an intensely British edge we're delighted to have him on board. This is what Ray Davis has been trying to do for the last thirty years.
The Delta Ladies
You might have seen the Delta Ladies full line up blowing the roof off the pub on a Saturday night. A vivid and colourful mix of roots, Americana, folk, bluegrass and world music influences and with a shot of New Orleans rhythm & blues for good measure. Kick arse!
The Chingford Morris
Some proper morris dancing from one of the most venerable sides around.
- September 2019
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.