Summer Special: Riley Baugus
We are delighted to present this rare opportunity to see one of the giants of old-time banjo.
Riley is the real deal & learned his music from the old time traditional musicians. He played a major role in the music for the film Cold Mountain, he recorded with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant on the classic album Raising Sand and plays in the Willie Nelson Band and Dirk Powell Band. He’s toured in England with Ira Bernstein for their show Appalachian Roots.
His fierce, intricate clawhammer banjo is some of the best and most authentic you will ever hear.
Note - floospots from residents only tonight.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/443836
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.