Hadrian’s Union are a five piece Contemporary Folk Indie band from the debateable lands of England and Scotland.
Influences include: Lindisfarne, Home Service, Stackridge, Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band.
Hadrian's Union have recently finished recording there most adventureous album to date, 'Aural Borderalis', which will be released in Summer 2017. The album is produced by Saul Rose (Faustus,Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band) and is an ecclectic mix of music inspired by the various influences brought to the Union by the members of the band.
Hadrian’s Union was formed in 2010 and signed to Fellside Records in 2013,they now have a brand new line up with BBC Folk Award Winners Brian Bell (Bass Guitar) & Robin Jowett (Melodeon and Keys),Malcolm Bushby (Violin & Bouzouki- previous bands include Folkestra and Tom McConville), Dave Pratt on drums with Hadrian's Union founding member Stew Simpson on Guitar and vocals.
And it's about time we had them in Walthamamstow!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.
- November 5: Bonfire Night Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune, a poem or a story to share.
- November 12: Jody Kruskal ~ One of the best anglo-concertina players on the planet
- November 19: Artisan Row ~ Celebrating the timeless melodic beauty of traditional Irish music and more.
- November 26: Hadrian's Union ~ Eclectic folk rock.
- December 2017