The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party
Vicky Martin was well known to friends of the Folk Club and of the Rose & Crown for her work in the fabulous Delta Ladies.
Tragically Vicky passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago.
As well as being a great musician in her own right Vicky never tired of encouraging and supporting other musicians.
So we thought it would be fitting tribute to dedicate our annual Street Party to her.
What's more The Delta Ladies have announced that they will continue to bring Hillbilly Trance to the masses and will be playing a set during the afternoon.
Other guests include
- A stomping good-time alternative folk band with touches of flamenco, gypsy jazz and epic harmony.
- Fantastic up and coming singer and guitar player
Flatfoot Johnny and the Wandering Rhythm
- Old-timey banjo driven fun
The Chingford Morris
- Wonderful singer and fiddler
The Delta Ladies
- Great pals of the club an with their wonderful rootsy Americana. Hillbilly Trance!
The event runs from 1 - 6 outside the pub and admission is free.
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.